About Charisse Gardiner:
I am a South African artist currently working in both Cape Town and Somerset. I am fascinated by relationships and my work attempts to capture the paradoxical tensions that can exist.
I work with Oils, Acrylic, Wax and Mixed Media
Group and Solo Exhibitions:
- The Strydom Gallery, George, South Africa 2013.
- Muse Exhibition, Cafe Labia, Muizenberg, South Africa, 2013, 2014.
- The Lovell Gallery, Woodstock, Cape Town, South Africa, 2013, 2014.
- Gallery Salon 91, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa, 2013, 2014.
- Jan Celliers Exhibition, Teresa Lizamore Artspace, Gauteng, South Africa, 2014.
- Artvark Gallery, Kalk Bay, South Africa, 2014.
- Reading Either Side Of A Line Exhibition, Lloyd Gill Gallery, Weston-super-Mare, UK, 2013.
- Scarborough Art Exhibition, Scarborough, South Africa, 2012.
- Kalk Bay Art Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa, 2001 to 2003.
- Inflight Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa, 2000.
- McCabe Contemporary Art Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa, 2000.
- Hout Bay Art Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa, 1999.
- Antigravity Exhibition, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1995..
- Prime Art Group Exhibition, Cape Town, South Africa, 1993
Private Commissions and Sales:
- David Tripp, Everard Read Gallery, V&A Waterfront, South Africa, 2013.
- Mark Wraith, Keermont Vineyards, Cape Town, South Africa, 2013.
- Janine Meyer, Bounce Design, Cape Town, South Africa, 2012.
- Dr. David Knight, Cape Town, South Africa, 2012.
- Marpless Communication Technologies (Pty) Ltd for Gauteng and Japan, 1995 and 1996.
- Telkom SA, 1993 and 1995.
- Athlone Grassroots Centre 1994.
- Series of Paintings for the Somerset Hospital Lady Loch Children’s Ward, 1993 to 1994.
- CharisseArt Art School, 2013 till present.
- Private art tuition, 1998 to 2011.
- Kalk Bay School of Art Painting 2001 to 2003
Charisse received her Honours for the Degree of Bachelor of Art in Fine Art at U.C.T in Cape Town, South Africa, 1993.